The National Restaurant Association’s annual What’s Hot culinary forecast predicts food and menu trends for the coming year. For 2016, the NRA surveyed nearly 1,600 professional chefs – members of the American Culinary Federation (ACF) to find out what the hottest menu trends will be.
“True trends evolve over time, especially when it comes to lifestyle-based choices that extend into other areas of our everyday life. Chefs and restaurateurs are in tune with over-arching consumer trends when it comes to menu planning, but add their own twist of culinary creativity to drive those trends in new directions. No one has a better view into the window of the future of food trends than the culinary professionals who lead our industry.”
– Hudson Riehle, senior vice president of the National Restaurant Association’s research and knowledge group
- Full results of What’s Hot in 2016 (PDF)
- A decade perspective of What’s Hot (PDF)
- News release on What’s Hot in 2016
- Article on What’s Hot in 2016
- Article on Trends to Watch in 2016