SUPPORT LOCAL EATERIES BY ORDERING HAWAIʻI RESTAURANT CARDS FOR YOUR HOLIDAY GIFTS
Nearly 37% of restaurant owners recently surveyed reported their revenue dropped more than half in September and October, compared with the two prior months
In partnership with American Savings Bank, we are relaunching the Hawaii Restaurant Card (HRC) Business Holiday Card! This program is a statewide effort to support our local restaurant and food supply chain industry at a time when they need us most.
We encourage all business owners and organizations to purchase HRC Business Holiday Cards and multiply the impact of your holiday gift. You’ll be able to reward and recognize your employees and clients while providing much-needed (and appreciated) support to our local eateries.
For more info, visit asbhawaii.com/HRC.
Last year, the State of Hawaiʻi launched the Hawaiʻi Restaurant Card (HRC) program, which injected more than $75 million into the local restaurant industry. Today, thousands of restaurants remain in survival mode and need our support once again as they struggle with reduced foot traffic, supply chain issues and employee shortage.
To help provide immediate financial assistance to our restaurant industry and supply chain, we are relaunching the Hawaiʻi Restaurant Card Business Holiday Card program as a way to give back and support local eateries during the holidays. Cards are available for purchase by businesses and entities to use as employee holiday gifts and client appreciation rewards. This is a terrific opportunity for businesses to step up and support local restaurants while rewarding their employees this holiday season.
The goal of the Hawaiʻi Restaurant Card (HRC) Business Holiday Card program is to distribute 50,000 cards to residents across the state, which would equate to $2.5 million in direct support to local food establishments from the Hawaiʻi business community.
HOW IT WORKS
- Each business/entity must complete and submit the Hawaiʻi Restaurant Card Business Holiday Card Order Form, from November 9, 2021 through December 10, 2021. Orders received by November 26, 2021 will be delivered by December 10, 2021. Orders received after November 26, 2021 will be delivered by December 31, 2021.
- Cards will be mailed in bulk to each business. Businesses are responsible for distributing purchased cards.
- Cards are available in denominations of $25, $50 and $100. There is no minimum card order.
- Payment must be made via ACH.
- The card is a pre-paid, pre-loaded Debit Mastercard® usable at participating Hawaiʻi restaurants, eating places, bars, taverns and fast food establishments.
- Cards will be valid from the date of activation through June 30, 2022. Any unused funds after June 30, 2022 will be returned to American Savings Bank and donated to local food industry charities.