Hawaii Cook Apprentice Program
- Free 30-week Cook Certification program designed to provide all the fundamental and advanced skills a culinary professional needs to know.
- Well-established program beginning its 4th session April 26, 2019. Over 200 cooks on Oahu have taken part in this program over the past two years.
- Available to any current back-of-the-house employee.
- Designed for full-time employees so classes are only once per week.
- Participants will take the following in-person classes taught by KCC faculty:
- Sanitation and Safety (Food-Handler ServSafe)
- Cooking Fundamentals Lab
- Culinary Nutrition
- Menu Planning/Merchandising
- Introduction to Food Service
- Visit the KCC website to watch a video about the program: https://continuinged.kapiolani.hawaii.edu/hawaii-cook-apprenticeship-program/
Hawaii Restaurant Management Apprentice Program
- Brand new program beginning April 22, 2019.
- Free 25-week Manager Certification Program designed to help either elevate your employees into management or to train those people who are already working in managerial positions but who could benefit from more training.
- Designed to work around a full-time work schedule so all classes are online.
- Available to employees state-wide since classes are online and testing can be done at testing centers on any island.
- Graduates will earn the ManageFirst Professional (MFP) credential. The ManageFirst Professional credential is a distinguished accolade endorsed by the National Restaurant Association.
- Visit the KCC website for more information about the program: https://continuinged.kapiolani.hawaii.edu/hawaii-restaurant-management-apprenticeship-program/
Please share with your Managers and Cooks and have them contact Program Coordinator Marcus Fikse at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with questions or to enroll in this limited opportunity.
There are spaces for 125 managers and 80 cooks to take part in the next round of the program and KCC would like to begin with full enrollment so reach out soon!