Honolulu Liquor Commission’s 6th Annual Licensee Symposium “Business Concepts for the 21st Century” was held on February 7th, 2018.
It was a packed room, as the City and County of Honolulu Liquor Commission held the 6th Annual Licensee Symposium at the Blaisdell Center. HRA Treasurer, and past Chairman Michael Miller from Tiki’s was selected to be a speaker.
This year’s theme, “Business Concepts for the 21st Century,” was aimed at providing strategies and business concepts to adapt to the evolving nature of the the restaurant and liquor industry. Michael presented, “How Investing in Customer Facing Technology Will Help Businesses Grow and Succeed.”
Michael’s dynamic presentation was multi-faceted, combining short video clips, data, examples and experience to share how important it is to invest in customer facing technology to help businesses grow and succeed.
Along with his presentation, Michael Miller was able to share the benefits of being a Hawaii Restaurant Association HRA member. The HRA’s Holly Kessler and Leila Morinagawere also both on hand to answer questions on membership.
Invitees included business owners, managers from restaurants, hotels, and retail, liquor producers and distributors, and government officials from the city and the state.
Speakers and topics included:
- Susan Dworak and Sonya Sigler from Real Identities, LLC, presenting, “Fake ID’s and the Future of Identification.”
- Michael Miller from the Hawaii Restaurant Association, discussing, “How Investing in Customer Facing Technology Will Help Businesses Grow and Succeed.”
- Mayor Kirk Caldwell and Don Pacarro, administrator of Honolulu’s Liquor Commission
- Alan Yamamoto from the Hawaii Occupational Safety and Health Division, asking the group, “Am I Compliant with OSHA/HIOSH Regulations?”
- Anna Hirai, Assistant Liquor Control Administrator, providing information on the upcoming Legislation and Administrative Rule Updates.
Here is an outline of the concepts presented by Michael at the Honolulu Liquor Commission’s 2019 Symposium, “Business Concepts for the 21st Century.”
How Investing in Customer Facing Technology Will Help Businesses Grow and Succeed
Michael Miller, Hawaii Restaurant Association, Tiki’s Grill & Bar Director of Operations
Key Topics, Applications and Videos from today’s presentation:
· Erik Qualman, Innovation and Digital Transformation – www.equalman.com
· ChatBots & AI – Alexa, Google, Siri, ManyChat – Facebook.com
· “ChatBots are NOT Personalization” – accenture.com
· Save 400 Hours a Year- SinglePlatform.com
· Tablet Menus Change Fast – Deal with fluctuating costs immediately – imenutech.com
· Digital Menu Boards & Beer – Enticing food shots and video – pacificdigitalsigns.com
· Analytics for Brand, Marketing, Guest, F&B – MarketingVitals.com
· Team Member Motivation – Contest, Tip Impact, Charity Drives – incentivizeme.com
· Claim or Update your Yelp Page. http://biz.yelp.com
· Augmented Reality – fjordnet.com
HRA Membership Benefits
Networking and Community Engagement
Education and Future Employee Development
Special Members Only Discounts
Dual Membership to the National Restaurant Association (restaurant members only)
Join US online or call Holly at 808-1-8090 to me a member