There are only two ways that you can organically grow restaurant same store sales year-over-year.
1. More transactions
2. Higher ticket
Yes, it’s that simple. You can only grow restaurant sales organically by increasing transactions or ticket average. The real genius is figuring out how to attract more customers with initiatives that create traffic to increase transactions, and then optimizing each transaction for a higher register ring and better margin on items sold.
Macro & Micro factors are the dynamics that directly impact the restaurant business environment
Macro drivers are overall business environmental factors you can’t control:
- New Household developments and smaller households
- The changing dietary trends towards fresh and naturally processed ingredients
- Changing population demographics – The purchasing power shift to Millennials
- Changing dining out habits (82% of meals eaten at home) caused by economic pressure
Micro drivers are industry and competitive Initiatives that reshape the consumer’s expectation and satisfaction of brand service thresholds. Technology is enabling a lot of the innovation.
- The convenience of home or office delivery and online ordering ahead
- Promoting ingredients with nutritional benefits
- Purchase loyalty incentives
Interested in learning more about how the Harris Agency can optimize your brand & top-line business performance? Call Doug Harris today for a no-obligation consultation at 808-946-6116.
The Harris Agency was founded in Hawaii in 2004 to specialize in building strong brands and growing year-over-year sales revenue. The Agency currently provides strategic council and marketing services for category brand leaders with more than US $500 million in annual sales. Harris offers a wide range of marketing services, including Advertising, Communication, Consultancy, Creative Services, Digital, Media & Public Relations. Watch our video reel