A key to any successful restaurant is; Keep restaurant employees motivated.
Maintaining motivation is critical, not only for employee retention, but also for providing the best possible dining experience. If your staff could use a boost, consider the following:
- Encourage involvement. Solicit ideas for improvements or brainstorm together on how to solve problems. Workers who feel vital to the restaurant’s success stay engaged, and their firsthand experience could provide you with fresh insight.
- Share responsibility. Foster a “we’re in this together” attitude by promoting mutual responsibility. If every action from cleaning the bathroom to cooking the food is valued as contributing to an ultimate goal, workers feel their efforts have purpose.
- Be clear and fair. Inconsistency and favoritism can kill employee morale. Treat workers equally, and do things as promised so they know what’s expected.
- Offer support. From childcare duties to class schedules, workers often have a full plate outside of the restaurant. Consideration for those responsibilities can inspire employees to go the extra mile for you.
- Have some fun. Organize a special event to break up monotony. A challenge to sell the most of a particular item or a community night with percentage of profits donated to charity can rejuvenate a sluggish staff.
- Reward those deserving. Creating an Employee of the Month Program or getting involved with an industry wide Rewards Events is a huge way to boost morale and instill pride in one’s job. Receiving an award in front of their peers or other industry workers and icons will also make other strive to achieve the same.
The Hawaii Restaurant Association (HRA) host an Annual event to honor your top employees;
The HRA Employee Appreciation and Excellence Awards
March 20th, 2017 from 11 am – 1:30 pm
At The Kahala Hotel & Resort
Log on for info; https://hawaiirestaurant.org/event/2016-employee-appreciation-excellence-awards/
For tickets to the event: https://hra3.wildapricot.org/event-2430305
Hawaii Restaurant Association
To Join HRA: Call Holly at 808-421-8090 email@example.com